Danger Of Accidentally Swallowing Povidone Iodine?
yesterday I swallowed betadine wound. But I was vomited. Is it dangerous or not? When I was vomited yesterday everything came out.
The active ingredient of the wound medication you mentioned is povidone iodine. Povidone iodine is used as an antiseptic that works by damaging germ cells and making germs inactive.
Povidone iodine is an external medicine that is intended for external use and some are as a mouthwash. But povidone iodine should not be swallowed. If povidone iodine is swallowed, it can cause allergic reactions, hypotension / decreased blood pressure, tachycardia / increased heart rate, fever, impaired kidney function, and injuring the digestive organs.
The effects that arise can indeed be different in each person and do not always occur. However, if you accidentally swallow povidone iodine, I suggest that you go to the emergency room or the nearest doctor so that you can observe your condition and if a negative reaction later appears, the doctor can immediately give you further treatment.
Hope it helps you,