Danger Of Child Swallowing Foreign Objects?
Tonight, I want to ask my son who has swallowed the wool, his condition is fine “what should I do
Hello Tiara, Thank you for your question on HealthReplies.com
If when your child is doing well, chances are that the threads have been swallowed a little so they don't obstruct the respiratory tract, or the wool has not actually been swallowed. However, if you are sure that the wool has indeed been swallowed by your child, you don't need to worry, because when the thread reaches the digestive tract, it will be pushed by food or drink, until eventually it will be expelled with feces or feces.
What you need to pay attention to if in the next few days, symptoms appear, vomiting, vomiting, flatulence, unable to defecate and unable to fart, you should check your child with a pediatrician or pediatric surgeon. so that an examination of the cause of these symptoms is carried out, whether due to swallowed threads or for other reasons, usually the doctor will perform a physical examination, such as a blood test, abdominal ultrasound or abdominal CT scan. If there is indeed a blockage, the doctor will perform surgical treatment.
Some suggestions for you
Watch your child's behavior
Keep away from small objects that your child can swallow
Thank you, hope this is useful. Dr. Nurmarwiyah