Danger Of Ingesting Foreign Objects?
good morning i’m 12 years old r n Yesterday I accidentally swallowed the thread And I’m worried about what happened r nPlease answer GK it’s dangerous or not
Too bad Azhar did not tell what thread your child swallowed, whether the thread used for sewing or other threads such as kite thread, fishing line, etc. If what is consumed is sewing thread and the amount is not large, generally the condition is not dangerous, as long as the child does not have complaints of stomach pain, nausea, constipation or diarrhea, or the presence of blood during defecation. Ingested sutures will generally be removed with the stool later.
However, if the number of sewing threads that are swallowed is quite a lot or the threads that are swallowed are kite thread, fishing line, etc. then it is likely to have a higher risk of causing health problems when compared to ingesting a small amount of sewing thread. Check with your child immediately to the pediatrician, especially if the child has nausea and vomiting, the stomach becomes enlarged, does not defecate after a few days, there is blood in the stool. Doctors need to do an examination first to find out a picture of the patient's condition and then determine what treatment is most suitable for treating the condition.
May be useful