Dangers From Ingesting Foreign Objects?
, is it dangerous to swallow small contents of a mechanical pencil?
Hello Vincent, Thank you for the question.
Swallowing a foreign object should not be underestimated but of course it depends on what object is ingested into the digestive tract and the size of the object swallowed. In general, foreign objects that need to be more aware of and need to be handled immediately are sharp objects, objects containing chemicals, or objects that are very large. The contents of a small mechanical pencil generally do not irritate the digestive tract due to their small size. You can normally consume food and drink as usual so that these foreign objects can eventually be pushed out with the stool. Do not hesitate to consult a doctor immediately if you experience symptoms of choking, stomach pain, nausea, vomiting.
Hope this information is helpful.