Dry And Stiff Skin After Being Exposed To Chemical Fluids?
I practiced in the chemistry lab my hand got a millon reagent the contents of the water raqsa hno3 with aquadest my hands the skin so there is red and a bit stiff the skin should be handled what should i do
Hello. Thank you for the question submitted to HealthReplies.com. We can understand the discomfort you are experiencing.
Mercury (mercury) is a metal that is in liquid form at room temperature. Mercury can also evaporate into a form of gas. When there is contact with the skin in small amounts and a short time, mercury tends not to cause significant health effects other than the presence of skin irritation in the form of skin color affected by mercury becomes reddish, itchy, sore, and / or painful. Mercury usually only causes health problems when inhaled in large quantities.
If you are accidentally exposed to mercury and other chemical reagents on the skin, wash immediately with clean running water and soap. Do not hesitate to go to the doctor immediately if the amount of reagent exposed to the skin is large enough and the duration of long contact, especially if symptoms have arisen in the form of coughing, tightness, chest pain, feeling restless, trembling, and coughing up blood that can indicate the presence of mercury poisoning.
To enrich waawsan, you can read articles about mercury poisoning. Thus information from us. Hopefully always healthy. May be useful.