Dry Cough In Infants Aged 2 Months?
I want to ask my son, 2 months old, dry cough, but every time he wants to cough before morning and his left ear has dirt, if it’s dry it’s hard to clean and the ear is smelly. 2 months
Hello, thank you for the question to HealthReplies.com.
Dry cough in children aged 2 months can be caused by several things between laon:
1. Airway constriction (bronchitis): bronchial airway constriction (the main branch of the respiratory tract) or called bronchitis, caused by bronchial hyperperactivity due to exposure to allergen substances (causing allergies), can cause complaints in the form of dry cough, tightness and so on. On physical examination, it will usually be found the sound of ngik ngik when breathing.
2. Acute airway infections: infections of the airways that occur acutely (less than 2 weeks), usually caused by bacteria or viruses. This infection causes complaints of cough, runny nose accompanied by phlegm or clear snot to greenish yellow.
3. Ear infections that give effect to the throat: dirt in the ears that smells, or discharge from the ear that has lasted a long time can cause middle ear infections, and give effect to one of them in the throat which will become irritated and cause a dry cough. When a physical examination is usually the child's throat will look reddish.
The use of drugs for these complaints in children at the age of 2 months, should be based on a prescription and the recommendation of the nearest pediatrician or general practitioner.
So, to get more information about the causes, diagnosis and treatment of these complaints you should immediately consult a pediatrician.
Prevention can be done:
1. Give ASI with full (Exclusive ASI), without formula milk, water and so on
2. Give ASI at least every 2 hours or every child is seen asking for ASI or as often as possible
3. Avoid children from contact with people who are sick with coughs, colds and so on.
Thus, hopefully useful :)