Ear Pain After Cleaning Using A Cotton Bud?
why does my ear become painful and ache / sound sick after I use cotton buds because my ears itch? Thank you.
Hello, thanks for the question to HealthReplies.com.
Causes of ear pain and itching after using cutton buds, can be caused by several things, including:
1. Otitis externa: inflammation of the external ear or called otitis externa, usually caused by the habit of cleaning one's own ears using a cutton bud or something hard, causing irritation to the outer ear area. Symptoms are usually painful, itchy, and sometimes redness occurs in the outer ear area.
2. Otomycosis: an infection of the ear due to fungus, usually caused by a history of ear match, and usually found a white powder at the time of the ear examination which is a sign of a yeast infection in the ear. Complaints in the form of a very intense itching, pain and white powder found from a sore ear.
3. Acute otitis media: middle ear infections that occur due to bacterial infection, complaints in the form of ear pain, redness, fullness, and sometimes itching.
To find out the cause, diagnosis and treatment of your complaints, you should immediately consult an ENT specialist or general practitioner at the nearest health facility.
Prevention can be done:
1. Don't use cutton bud to clean ears
2. Clean the ears routinely every 6 months to the nearest health facility
3. Maintain cleanliness of hands, self and the environment
Thus, hopefully useful :)