Effectiveness Of CT Scan For Bleeding In The Brain?
Hello Good morning, there is a friend, I am experiencing a brain hemorrhage, here …
Hello, Natalia Riahta Purba, thank you for asking HealthReplies.com.
Head injuries have varying degrees, there are mild, moderate to severe head injuries. Not all head injuries require CT scans. Head CT scans of head injuries are performed as indicated, in adults, the indications are:
1. There is a decrease in consciousness (eg fainting)
2. Suspicious fractures / skull fractures (especially open fractures and pressure fractures)
3. Suspected skull base fracture (cranium base)
4. Seizures after head injury
5. Decreased nerve function in certain body parts, for example weakness of half the body, weakness of facial muscles, pelo, etc.
6. Vomiting more than 1x
7. Patients taking blood-thinning drugs
Head CT scan is done after the doctor knows the history of events and performs a physical examination and finds one of the conditions above. Head CT scan on head injuries aims to see if there are broken bones, bleeding in the brain, brain swelling, pressure on certain parts of the brain, and so on to determine the appropriate therapy.
That's all, hopefully it's useful.