Effects Of Drugs On Kidney Function?
Hello, I want to ask. Drugs below disrupt kidney function, yes.
Thank you for asking at HealthReplies.com.
A history of the use of the drug you are taking is generally not nephrotoxic. Drug induced kidney disease are drugs that cause acute or chronic kidney damage so that this drug is Nephrotoxic or is detrimental to kidney function. This can occur due to several risk factors:
1. patient age
2. the possibility of kidney disease that may already exist before
3. the volume of depleted state or conditions where body fluids are greatly reduced or unbalanced
Certain types or classes of drugs can increase this risk, so to prevent the effects on the kidneys, it is necessary to have standard provisions regarding the drugs taken, namely:
1. use the drug dosage according to doctor's recommendation
2. follow the doctor's instructions during taking the drug and in the treatment period
3. Inadequate need for water while taking medicine
4. avoid consuming drugs with colored drinks
5. avoid using drugs without a doctor's prescription or without your doctor's supervision
Even if the drug consumed by the patient is detrimental to the kidneys, so long as there is no underlying kidney disease and the patient takes the recommended dosage or therapeutic dose, then the side effects on kidney damage can be minimized. The use of drugs that damage the kidney can be given in the short term. Such as high blood pressure ACE inhibitors can cause kidney dysfunction, as long as the dosage is taken as prescribed and the drug is taken under your doctor's supervision, this can be given as directed by the treating doctor. Some types of drugs will be reduced or adjusted in dosage, especially in patients who already have kidney problems before.
Regarding the medication you are taking, if you get these medicines from the doctor who treats you, then you can continue according to the dosage given. And the drugs you take are not nephrotoxic for your kidneys.
Discuss with your doctor about the medication you are taking and the long-term side effects that may occur. And while taking medicine, follow the safety instructions for taking medicine.
Thus the info we can convey.