Effects Of Swallowing Mosquito Repellent?
I want to ask, what are the consequences after eating baigon mosquito coils?
Hi Gabriel, thanks for asking on HealthReplies.com
Organophosphates are substances contained in insect repellent / mosquito / insecticide / mosquito coils. Consuming this substance intentionally can cause poisoning / intoxication and is very dangerous to be life threatening. However, this condition is rarely encountered when consuming insect repellent intentionally, generally experienced by small children who accidentally eat mosquito coils or drink insecticides in liquid form, and attempt suicide. There are several symptoms that can appear due to poisoning of this substance, including:
Muscarinic effects: including slowed heart rate, tightness of the airways, diarrhea, decreased blood pressure, excess saliva production, nausea and vomiting
Nicotinic effects: including sweating, becoming restless / agitated
Central nervous system (CNS) effects : Muscle weakness and paralysis
Poisoning / consuming insecticides is an emergency that requires immediate treatment. So much information that we can convey, may be useful. Regards, Dr. Prasetyo