Eyes And Thumb Swollen Suddenly?
Noon, I want to ask you when I go on vacation to several islands and even processed sea food, the next day my eyes are swollen like gt and my thumb is swollen so that it can’t be affected, can I be affected, are I allergic to processed seafood, because so far Can I use seafood etc.? thank you
Good afternoon, thank you for asking to HealthReplies.com.
Swelling is experienced where specifically after appearing after eating food a food can be caused by several things, especially what often happens is food allergies where symptoms are experienced Usually it is experiencing itching in some parts of the body that appear suddenly after consuming food, swelling in the area soft tissue such as the eyes or mouth area, if it is heavier, it can lead to complaints of tightness and difficulty breathing
But there are still other possibilities that cause this
1. Infection in the glandular area in the eye called hordeolum usually forms small lumps with pain, burning sensation, and swelling
2. Lipoma is a lump that arises because the buildup of fatty tissue is usually only a lump and does not feel painful.
To make sure the cause of the symptoms that you feel can be checked by a doctor to find out the exact cause experienced and do the following
1. Avoid foods that trigger symptoms that you feel
2. Swollen areas can be helped soothed by compressing with ice wrapped in a towel
3. Avoid foods that are too high in protein such as eggs, shrimp, or even grasshoppers
4. If itching avoid to be scratched so as not to cause a new wound.
Thus the information that we can convey may be useful thanks