Feeling Prolonged Sadness Accompanied By The Desire To Commit Suicide?
Hello. Good night. I want a consultation related to mental health. These past few months I have felt very disturbed by my mood. I often feel sad. whether it has a cause or sometimes without a cause. sometimes I feel very sad, empty and empty in my life. I have a lot of bad memories since childhood. Those bad memories, some of this month keep spinning around in me like a broken record. every time I remember those bad memories, I feel sad and broken. I often cry. sometimes I get tired and often stop screaming at myself. I don’t want to keep remembering those memories. but those memories always appear in my brain. when I’m sad and have problems, I don’t know who I want to tell. I am not close to family. friends sometimes try to protect me more, so sometimes I feel more down. because it’s possible, so I often talk to myself. this has actually happened to me since I was a child, because I felt lonely and ignored. but over time I can control it. but these past few months, the intensity has become more frequent. many blg me strange. I also could not overcome all the trauma that I had experienced when I was a child. from childhood I had thought to end my life when I felt sad and broken. at the age of 16, I almost committed suicide. but I undo that intention because I remember the teachings of my religion. but now the thought of suicide reappears when I’m down. in fact, I always feel that around my neck as if there is a rope or hands are ready to strangle me anytime. I also have the intention to consult a psychiatrist or psychologist or psychiatrist. but I am afraid if the costs are expensive. I’m also not ready to talk to my family. can the doctor help? thanks. happy mlm.
Hello Rismah, thank you for asking with HealthReplies.com.
Here are some reasons someone wants to carry out a suicide attempt, namely: experiencing mental disorders such as depression. In this condition the sufferer will usually feel sad, feel useless, hopeless, unstable emotions, excessive anxiety, feeling tired / not powered, dizzy, or decreased appetite. In addition, the act of attempted suicide can also be caused due to mental stress, bipolar disorder, suffering from severe pain, personality disorders, social and economic factors, and so forth ..
Here are some things you can do:
- Get closer to God.
- Avoid consumption of caffeine, alcohol and illegal drugs
- Try to do regular exercise at least three times a week, physical activity can make someone feel happy and relaxed.
- Share complaints / confide with the people closest to you, or people you trust.
- If thoughts about the idea of suicide arise, take action relaxation. Take a deep breath and exhale a long breath by counting 10 x. Position yourself in comfortable conditions.
- Do a hobby that you enjoy
- Involve yourself in positive activities, for example attending study groups, social activity groups, and others.
- Enough rest
- Stay away from people who have a bad influence on you
- Perform other healthy lifestyles, such as adequate consumption of water, regular exercise, increase consumption of fruits and vegetables, manage stress well, etc.
- And you should be able to consult with a psychiatrist if your complaint does not improve or get worse. A psychiatrist will help you find the best solution.
Thank you, hope that helps ..