Feet Hurts When I Wake Up?
Good evening, I want to ask
Good evening, thanks for the question
Ankle pain can be caused by an injury such as a sprain, or caused by certain medical conditions such as joint inflammation or arthritis. Ankle pain can be the most common clinical practice caused by sprain which is around 85%.
Sprain occurs when ligaments (tissue that connects bone) experience excessive stretching or small tears. Ankle sprain causes swelling and bruising which requires a healing time of around 7-14 days. But in more serious injuries healing can take up to several months.
Pain in the ankle in addition to due to the sprain condition, but can also be caused by other conditions, namely:
1. Arthritis or inflammation of the joints
2. Arthritis due to high uric acid levels
3. Nerve damage or nerve injury
4. Impaired blood vessel flow
5. Joint infections
When experiencing acute symptoms of pain in the ankle then you can do the following to reduce symptoms, including:
1. Rest the joints for the first 2 days, then begin to move the joints gradually.
2. Ice packs on the painful joints within 4 hours a day for 3 days.
3. If there is swelling, do muscle compression using an elastic bandage.
4. Elevate the foot higher than the chest position in the lying position.
5. If the pain has not subsided, take a simple over-the-counter pain medication, for example paracetamol or ibuprofen.
If the above measures do not also reduce the pain complaints at this time, you should do a consultation directly with your doctor for further examination.
That's all, hope you can help