Fever Accompanied By Bloody Bowel Movements In Children?
lately my child often has a fever up to a month there is 4x fever .. Chapter comes out of blood .. Then my child is very frequent mouth ulcer .. Is there a problem with my digestion …? Thank you
Hello, thank you for asking at HealthReplies.com
In general, bleeding in the digestive tract can occur if:
1. There is damage to blood vessels, such as in hemorrhoid disease, ulcers sores or ulcers, etc.
2. Low platelet levels or thrombocytopenia, as in idiopathic thrombocytopenia purpura, dengue fever, blood disorders, etc.
3. The presence of blood clotting factor disorders, such as in hemophilia and others.
Gastrointestinal bleeding can be identified by the origin of bleeding based on the color of blood in the chapter, namely:
1. If the blood in the bowel is fresh red, it means that the blood comes from the lower gastrointestinal tract, as in the case of hemorrhoids (blood will appear to drip during bowel movements and not mixed with bowel movements), sores or ulcers in the mucosal wall of the large intestine, recollected polyps, tumors large intestine and others.
2. If the blood mixes with bowel movements and is dark in color (causing the bowel to become black like hair), it means that blood comes from the upper gastrointestinal tract, as in the case of injury to the esophagus (in children due to frequent strong crying), peptic ulcer, perforation duodenum and others. However, it can also be caused by swallowed blood bleeding.
This complaint cannot be ignored. Because there are many diseases that might occur. Starting from the trivial, very light, mild, moderate and severe that requires handling quickly and precisely. For that, consult with a pediatrician. The doctor will conduct a medical interview and a thorough physical examination. The doctor will then perform digital rectal use of the doctor's finger to identify what problems are in the anus and rectum. Then the blood and stool that sticks to the doctor's glove during digital rectal will be sent to the laboratory to be used as a laboratory examination sample for faeces or stool. If the results of the laboratory are not found blood in the stool, the possibility of blood-like shape that the mother sees is due to the color of the food eaten by the younger. In addition, the doctor will also carry out other necessary investigations, such as routine blood, abdominal X-rays, ultrasound and colonoscopy. Later the treatment that doctors will give is based on the cause of the disease.
Meanwhile, fever experienced by adek can be a symptom of the disease or it can also be caused by an injury to the infected gastrointestinal tract. When you have a fever, give a fever-lowering medication and warm compresses on the forehead, neck and armpits.
Thus hopefully useful.