Fistulas That Have Been Operated On Are Still Secreting Pus?
Mission, I want to ask, I have been in surgery and have been more than 3 months, but the fistula and the former abscess still produce pus? What is the solution?
Hello, thank you for the question to HealthReplies.com.
Fistulas and abscesses that still produce pus can be caused by several possible causes, including:
1. secondary infection: infection in the area of the surgical wound due to infection from bacteria or other organisms can cause pus formation again
2. Postoperative inflammation: inflammation in the area of the former operation if accompanied by a bacterial infection can cause the appearance of pus
3. there is a new abscess or source of infection: a new infection can cause the formation of fistulas and abscesses again causing pus
To overcome these complaints, you should immediately consult with a surgeon who performs surgery and carries out the treatment of scarring and abscesses at the health facility level 1 (such as the nearest health center).
Prevention can be done:
1. maintain the cleanliness of the area around the operating wound and personal and environmental cleanliness
2. washing hands and feet with soap, bathing with soap 2x a day
3. consume foods high in protein such as egg whites and fish.
Thus, hopefully useful :)