Does consuming food or drink that has been contaminated by a chemical such as chalk can cause fatal illness? thank you very much in advance
Thank you for asking HealthReplies.com.
Beforehand, you need to mention what kind of chalk do you mean mixed in your food or drink? What is the composition of the ant chalk? So, are there any complaints that you feel after consuming this contaminated food or drink?
Anti-insect products, including ant chalk, can certainly be dangerous if ingested into the digestive tract. As for the potential dangers as to what might be caused, of course it can vary depending on the composition of the product, how much dose of the product is ingested, and also how the overall health condition of the person who swallowed it. However, in general, the following are the potential dangers that may arise from ingesting insect repellent products:
Allergies, can appear in the form of itching on the skin, reddish rash, swelling, shortness of breath, vomiting, even shock (shock) Indigestion, can appear in the form of nausea, vomiting, stomach cramps, diarrhea, Death, and so on. There are very few insects that are swallowed, and the person who swallows them does not experience any symptoms after ingesting food or drink contaminated with these insect repellent products, it is likely that the condition is not dangerous. However, if a negative effect appears as mentioned above, the person should be consulted directly by a doctor so that treatment can be done to prevent dangerous conditions.
As first aid for people who accidentally swallow insect repellent products, you can give him a lot to drink, it can be plain water or milk. If the patient is vomiting, tilt his body to prevent aspiration (choking into the respiratory tract). To prevent recurrence, keep hazardous objects, including insect repellent products, away with food so that they do not swallow or contaminate food and drink.
Overcoming ingested poisons
Hope it helps ..
dr. Nadia Nurotul Fuadah