Free Fluid Outside The Uterus?

I want to ask if there is free fluid outside the uterus why is that? I am not married and have not had sexual relations so far

1 Answer:

Hi Rika,

Thank you for asking

The outside of the uterus is covered by a membrane which is part of the peritoneum (membrane covering the abdominal wall). In some parts, this membrane folds to form a space, namely the rectouterine cavity (cavity Douglas, which limits the uterus to the rectum) and the vesicouterine cavity (which borders the uterus to the bladder). The presence of free fluid outside the uterus is likely to be in this cavity.

Under normal conditions, there may be fluid in the cavity around the uterus, but the amount is small. This fluid normally occurs when you are ovulating (the rupture of a mature egg from the ovary). However, if this fluid appears in large quantities, or makes you experience complaints, such as abdominal pain, abdominal pain, menstrual disorders, fever, chills, nausea, vomiting, and so on, then you need to have this condition checked directly to a doctor. Some of the possibilities that can trigger a buildup of fluid in the cavity around the uterus are:

Endometriosis (abnormal growth of endometrial tissue outside the uterus)

Pelvic inflammation (inflammation of the uterus, fallopian tubes, and ovaries)
Intra-abdominal tumors (tumors, both those that occur in the reproductive organs, digestive organs, or other organs in the abdominal cavity)
Interrupted ectopic pregnancy (in women who have had sex)

Peritonitis (inflammation of the lining of the abdominal cavity)
Impaired liver function, heart, and so on

It is necessary to do further tests to assess what type of fluid is outside the uterus, whether pus, clear fluid, blood, or other fluids. This examination can be done by culdocentesis, which is by using a small needle to suck some fluid outside the uterus for analysis in the laboratory. In addition, several other examinations, such as blood tests, ultrasound, and so on can also be done by doctors to determine the best treatment. If it is suspected that your complaint occurs related to disorders of the reproductive organs, then you can be referred to an obstetrician for further management.

Hope it helps ..

dr. Nadia Nurotul Fuadah

: by

Related Question

Dry Earwax In Children Aged 1 Year?

Dry Earwax In Children Aged 1 Year?

(1 year ago)

Tonight, my child is 1 year old. Lately, he likes to pick his right ear. My bag is clay (using an ear cleaner with a flashlight), there is dry dirt and builds up inside. But I do n... Read more

Mucus Is Accompanied By Blood From The Anus In Children?

Mucus Is Accompanied By Blood From The Anus In Children?

(10 months ago)

Tonight. R nMy son is 50 days old, but his digestion now has problems that often produce phlegm and blood spots. That’s why huh? R nLove you🤗... Read more

Explanation Of The Results Of The Ultrasound Examination?

Explanation Of The Results Of The Ultrasound Examination?

(7 months ago)

The doctor wants to ask about the results of the ultrasound. R nHepar: not enlarged. But regular, sharp angle of homogeneous echoparenchymal intensity flat portal vascular / biliar... Read more

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *