Grow Soft Meat Behind The Ear From Birth?
, my child is 3 years old. Since birth there is growing soft meat as big as the size of the smallest marble behind his ear. The flesh is not enlarged or sick. just looks very prominent. Is the meat dangerous?
Hello Deasny, thank you for the question to HealthReplies.com.
a lump behind the ear can be caused by several possible causes:
1. Ear pit or congenital can occur a small lump behind the ear which is congenital from birth
2. Benign tumors: tumors or lumps can form anywhere, and if they are not painful, they are not getting bigger, they are regular in shape, the stones are firm, usually benign, whereas if they are otherwise malignant
3. Enlarged lymph nodes: enlarged lymph nodes behind the ear, can cause complaints in the form of a lump and usually as a sign of being an infection or inflammation in the area around the ear
to find out more about the causes, diagnosis and treatment of complaints that you experience, you should immediately consult a surgeon or ENT specialist.
to determine the danger or not, you can monitor continuously the lump, if pain, getting bigger quickly, red, hot and so on is a dangerous thing and needs to be dealt with quickly.
prevention can be done:
1. Always carry out checks when pregnant
2. Maintain immune system to always be healthy with healthy and nutritious food and exercise regularly
3. Maintain personal hygiene and the environment, especially in the ear area
4. Routine control to the doctor to clean ear wax
thus hopefully useful