Handling For 2 Month Old Babies Accidentally Swallows Plastic?

Illustration of Handling For 2 Month Old Babies Accidentally Swallows Plastic?
Illustration: Handling For 2 Month Old Babies Accidentally Swallows Plastic? static.abcotvs.com

Hello, I want to ask, my 2-month-old child accidentally swallowed aqua protect hansaplast type while I was breastfeeding, because on the edge of my breast it was torn quite deep due to being bitten and pulled, so I used hansaplast but it was cut into small pieces (at adjust the same wound) I just took it on the adhesive, I thought it would not be swallowed, it turns out that my estimate was wrong, you think it’s dangerous? if it concerns the throat, what kind of baby will it look like? and if it doesn’t get stuck, it goes into normal digestion, limits the foreign body out of the baby’s stomach through poop how many days huh? thanks doctor

1 Answer:

Wa'alaikumsallam Nana, thank you for asking.


As per the description you explained, it can be assumed that the wound swallowed swallowed in small pieces. Indeed swallowing a foreign object certainly has a risk in infants. Some of the risks that might occur are:

the object is stuck in the respiratory tract and is causing airway obstruction or airway irritation
objects clog the digestive tract so that irritation and infection occur

You should watch your baby closely. If you find your baby coughing or nausea, vomiting, may be accompanied by shortness of breath, and fever, then there is a possibility of objects entering the respiratory tract. Symptoms in infants such as nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, flatulence, difficult bowel movements, fever, the baby does not want to drink, then the possibility of objects entering and irritating the digestive tract. But you don't need to panic first. If indeed the object that is ingested is small, then the possibility of the object can be destroyed by stomach acid and then removed with feces. Things will come out with feces like your child's normal bowel movements.


If you are still worried, immediately consult your pediatrician. The doctor will do a physical examination to look for signs of blockage or infection. The doctor may order radiological examinations such as X-rays to see the location of objects. But please note that not all types of objects can be clearly seen on X-rays. While this is still watching whether there are changes in drinking patterns in children, and whether symptoms occur as mentioned above.


Hope this answer helps. Regards.

: by

Related Question

Swollen Feet But Not Painful?

Swollen Feet But Not Painful?

(1 year ago)

A good afternoon. I want to ask why my feet are often swollen but not painful... Read more

Can Vise Often Cause Hair Loss?

Can Vise Often Cause Hair Loss?

(11 months ago)

Hello, I want it. Why do I often fall out. I would say that using hair as a vise can be the cause... Read more

Can The Ciprofloxacin HCl 500mg Drug Be Able To Treat A Sore Throat?

Can The Ciprofloxacin HCl 500mg Drug Be Able To Treat A Sore Throat?

(1 year ago)

Can the ciprofloxacin 500 mg hcl drug be used to treat dizziness, fever, and sore throat?... Read more

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *