Handling Of Children Accidentally Holds Sodium Bicarbonate?
I accidentally saw my child holding a sodium bicarbonate tablet. I am not sure if the ad was swallowed or not. How would that be, if something was swallowed by my child? Could my child overdose later? My child is now 1 year and 6 months old. What actions should I take? Please help. Thank you
Sodium bicarbonate or sodium bicarbonate is one of the drugs used in acidosis and neutralizes stomach acid. In general, this drug is used in adults and children over 12 years.
Sodium bicarbonate overdose conditions can cause several symptoms such as nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, black stool, vomiting blood, respiratory distress and shortness of breath, drowsiness, until loss of consciousness.
Did you count the number of tablets before? As much as possible remember again how many tablets before and how much is left at this time. If there are deficiencies or differences, you should bring your child to the nearest emergency room so that he can be examined and observed. Similarly, if overdose complaints arise, immediately take it to the nearest emergency room.
Henceforth, you should store medicines in places that cannot be reached by children or can be stored in a special cabinet that is locked yes.
Hope it helps you,