Handling Of Oily, Acne-filled And Sensitive Skin?
Hello. R n r nI have oily, acne, and sensitive skin. I want to ask. If you use oil-free sunblock and put powder on it, do you need double cleansing, such as using micellar water or cleansing oil? But if I read on forums and ask some of them using double cleansing? R n r n, Thank you.
Hello, Winda Winata, thank you for asking HealthReplies.com.
Oily skin types increase the risk of clogging pores thereby increasing the risk of acne growth, for that there are a number of things that must be considered in treating oily skin. Cleaning the face from makeup is an important thing to do, according to the type of face and the type of makeup used. If only oil-free sunblock and loose powder, then washing with soap is enough. Micellar water contains water and a very light surfactant which makes it useful as a face wash that dissolves easily. Micellar water is excellent in cleaning water-soluble cosmetics or as a facial cleanser for patients with dry and sensitive skin.
There are things that must be considered in the care of oily skin, such as:
1. Using sunblock / sunscreen. Use a sunscreen that contains zinc oxide and titanium dioxide to prevent acne growth, and avoid sunblocks that contain oils and perfumes.
2. Wash your face every morning, night, and after exercising (sweating a lot), avoid scrubbing because it can irritate the skin.
3. Use a gentle and mild face wash (mild). Many people think that face wash for oily skin should be "harsh" to dry out the skin, even though using these harsh soaps can irritate and increase oil production in the skin.
4. Avoid facial cleansers that are "oil-based" and "alcohol-based".
5. Choose skin care products that are "oil free", "water based", and "noncomedogenic", including cleansers, moisturizers, and makeup.
6. Keep using moisturizer to keep skin hydrated.
7. Clean your face from makeup before bed.
8. Do not touch your face frequently, especially if you haven't washed your hands.
That's all, hopefully it's useful.
Greetings, dr. Sarah Rizqia.