Head Hurts After Falling And Hitting The Back Of The Head?
Good evening, doc, I want to ask… I fell and hit the back of my head now I feel pain, but it hurts sometimes�, it fell 3 days ago, why huh?
Greetings, Individuals with a history of trauma or head trauma are at risk of causing mild to severe head injuries. The presence of complaints of headaches, lumps in the impact area, or dizziness without being followed by a decrease in consciousness, may be caused by a minor head injury. So that within 7 days, the patient was able to carry out light to moderate activities. And this condition still needs to be evaluated against the risk of developing a worsening head injury.
Complaints of pain that you feel can increase, especially if during this recovery period, you do not maintain your physical stamina and get enough rest. Therefore, there are several things you need to pay attention to during this recovery period, namely:
1. Avoid excessive activity, do relaxation and light activities at home
2. Compress the impact area with ice cubes. After the 5th day, compress with warm water
3. Avoid sleeping late
4. Avoid using cellphones, computers, and tv for more than 4 hours per day, to prevent headaches and possibly dizziness that can get worse
5. Sufficient water and nutritious food
6. Avoid salty foods, soda, coffee
7. Take medicine from the doctor according to the instructions
8. Immediate control if this complaint is accompanied by nausea or vomiting
Therefore, evaluate every activity you do, and limit all activities until your balance and physical condition are prime.
This is the information we can convey.