I want to ask, about a week ago I coughed up phlegm with heat until limp for 3 days after that my cough was getting better but not yet healed and after 3 days my breath felt heavy but not accompanied by sound and this had been going on for 4 days. How to cure it? because I already drank ginger water but it never gets better
Good evening, thanks for the question
Complaints of breathing difficulties in this case can be caused by several conditions, including:
1. Lower respiratory tract infections, such as bronchitis, pneumonia, or bronchiolitis. Complaints include severe shortness of breath, fever, and cough with phlegm.
2. Accumulation of secretions or mucus in the airways so that it inhibits air flow. This condition can occur if sputum production is large but difficult to excrete.
To be able to diagnose the underlying cause of complaints of shortness of breath it is necessary to evaluate the main symptoms and accompanying, general physical and pulmonary examination, and supporting examinations. Supporting examinations that can be recommended include routine blood tests, chest x-ray examination, sputum examination, and so forth. Subsequent treatment will be based on the final diagnosis of the disease from the results of the previous examination.
If the tightness complaints get worse, you should immediately seek medical help through the emergency department for immediate treatment. To reduce complaints, try doing the following:
1. Drink more water
2. Consumption of honey
3. Use a humidifier or take a shower with warm water
4. Avoid smoking and exposure to cigarette smoke
5. Do not consume oily foods and hard consistency
That's all, hope you can help.