How Can You Deal With Acne That Appears After Facial?
Hello I’m 19 years old, why every time after I do facials, reddish pimples begin to grow on my face? How to overcome it? Thank you
Hello, Noor Glaudya Anisya M, thank you for asking HealthReplies.com.
Acne can arise due to the blockage of hair follicles in the skin by dead skin cells and oil. Several factors can trigger and worsen acne, for example:
1. Hormonal, for example before menstruation, the first 3 months of pregnancy, puberty, or certain medical conditions such as PCOS
2. Skin irritation
3. Friction on the skin
4. The use of certain cosmetics or certain facial care products
7. Consumption of certain drugs
Meanwhile, in some people, facial facials can cause some side effects such as dermatitis (inflammation of the skin) and acneiform eruptions (skin disorders that resemble acne), both of which can be caused by irritation, infection, or allergic reactions from the facial / facial care products used. So, facial facials should be done with advice and assistance from a doctor.
For that, it's good if you go to the doctor first if your acne does not improve with over-the-counter acne medicines, because to some degree the acne requires treatment from a skin specialist, also some conditions can cause skin disorders such as acne, such as rosacea and folliculitis. The doctor's examination will identify the cause of your skin condition so that the doctor can provide therapy and treatment according to the cause of your current condition.
Some of the things below you can do to help reduce your acne:
1. Wash your face 2x / day
2. Don't touch (especially squeeze) pimples to avoid the risk of worsening such as further infections and inflammation
3. Clean face makeup
4. Use products for faces that are suitable for you and look for those labeled non-comedogenic / non-acnegenic
5. Protect skin from sun exposure
6. Apply a healthy lifestyle: rest and sleep enough, eat and drink enough and nutritious, avoid stress, exercise regularly
That's all, hopefully it's useful.