How To Cope With The Discharge Of Blood From The Ear?
Hello. Nearly 2 weeks I had a problem with my ear, initially only hurt. And 2 days ago I checked up to the ENT, and was told to use Tarivid ear drops, but before I used the drug, my ears bled, in contrast to previous days my ears only hurt but no blood came out. Is it safe for me to keep dripping with the drug when my ears bleed? And what is the solution to stop the blood? thanks.
Hi, thanks for asking at HealthReplies.com.
Diseases associated with blood discharge from the ear canal, namely:
1. Trauma, as a result of plugging in the wall of the ear canal or eardrum when scraping the ears.
2. Corpus aleonum or foreign objects in the ear, for example insects.
3. Otitis externa, which is inflammation of the external ear, can be caused by irritation when you probe the ear or a bacterial infection.
4. Malignant type of chronic suppurative otitis media, namely inflammation of the middle ear, to the hearing bones, which is marked by a discharge from the middle ear due to a torn eardrum. This complaint has lasted more than 2 weeks.
Meanwhile, the drug you mentioned contains of ear drops ofloxain antibiotics. This drug is used to treat infections of the outer and middle ear caused by bacteria. There is no problem administering the drug to bleeding ears. Noteworthy are:
1. If there is a lot of bleeding so it continues to flow, put sterile gauze or cotton in the ear canal so that it is closed, then consult it immediately to your ENT doctor.
2. If the blood is so small that it can stop on its own, continue treatment and don't pry into diseased ears. Control according to the schedule determined by your ENT doctor.
Thus, hopefully useful.