How To Cure Tongue And Lips Affected By Floor Cleaner?
Hello doctor, I’m nadiya. I want to ask, around 2 pm I accidentally almost swallowed a v*xal brand of floor cleaner, and at that moment I immediately vomited it back up, but slowly my tongue started to stiffen and peel, numb and my lips swelled, I also have clean it with water as much as possible and gargle, at first my tongue was exposed to saliva it felt sore and when I drank water it also stung, then I left it for 4 hours, and at 6 o’clock I tried to eat and drink but my tongue couldn’t feel anything,, and my lips are still swollen. What’s the best solution? Are there any drugs / tips that can restore the condition of my tongueu0026amp;lips to normal again? Thank you for your attention, greetings and good luck always. 🙂
Good morning, thanks for asking at HealthReplies.com. Room cleaners, detergents, soaps or so on, contain substances that are alkaline and are very damaging to the inside of the body. In your case, actually by not swallowing the liquid, you have avoided more serious damage.
Then regarding the tongue and lips, most likely now what is happening is irritation in that part, which indeed, depending on the extent of the irritation, has a different healing time. Our advice, immediately check yourself to the nearest hospital emergency room for initial treatment. Although it often goes away on its own, your doctor may prescribe medication to relieve your symptoms while you wait for your body to recover. Meanwhile, avoid eating spicy food, sharp angles and too hot or too cold. Get well soon.
That's all, hope it helps.
dr. Amadeo D Basfiansa