How To Deal With A 5-year-old Child Swallowing Plastic Toys?
Hello, I want to ask. My 5-year-old son swallowed a plastic toy with a magnetic alloy and 2cm in diameter. The results of the plentum rontgent is already in the small intestine. After 6 days the toy hasn’t come out yet. 9x CHAPTER but that time hasn’t come out yet. Today my child is the same as in the chapter and at the moment my child has a fever.
Young children need to be watched while playing because they are still vulnerable to swallowing toys and other objects around them. In general if the toy is harmless (small, not a battery, and not sharp), the doctor can wait while observing until food is released naturally through bowel movements or together with feces / stool.
The release of toys through bowel movements depends on the digestive system of children, but usually a few days is enough. If it hasn't been out for 6 days, it needs to be re-examined whether the toy is stuck or the toy has come out but you don't realize it.
If it hasn't been out for 6 days and then your child has a complaint, including a fever, I suggest that your child bring control back to the doctor who checks to make sure the position of the toy is swallowed as well as the doctor can provide further treatment if needed.
While waiting to see the doctor, if the child has a fever, you can do a warm compress, keep the room temperature comfortable, give thin clothing to children, and provide fever-lowering if necessary.
Hope it helps you,