How To Deal With A Baby’s Head That Is Tilted To One Side / Peyang?
, my baby is 3 months old. The back of the head is flat (maybe because when you sleep you have to look up soundly) then the top is slightly oval. what I want to ask, will the shape turn into a round one later? Do I need to buy the widely used anti-peeling pillow? Thank you for the answer.
Hi, thanks for asking at HealthReplies.com. I can understand Mother's concern.
A baby's head is a condition characterized by a flat side of the baby's head (it can be left or right or back) so that there is an unequal shape. The reason is that the baby's skull is still thin and soft and flexible, so it can easily change shape when exposed to pressure for a long time. Risk factors are increased in babies born prematurely and in babies who experience tension in the neck muscles. There are two types, namely plagiocephaly (peyang on one side) and brachiocephaly (flat back of the head). This condition does not affect brain development and can return to normal development over time if the baby's sleeping position is adjusted in such a way.
Here are some tips that you can do to restore the shape of the baby's head, namely:
1. Tilt the baby left and right.
2. The baby can also be put on his stomach.
3. Do not position the baby on his back if it is not necessary until the baby's head returns to normal.
4. Hold the baby in an upright or tilted position.
5. Use a helmet and special headband if needed.
6. Babies should not use a pillow because it can cause the tongue to cover the respiratory tract.
7. Don't be discouraged, ok?
So, hopefully it's useful.