How To Deal With Itching And Burning In The Thigh Area?
Doctor r nI have an itchy and sore thigh area. Can I ask for a recommendation for the ointment
Thank you for your question for HealthReplies.com
Sorry for the long wait :)
The appearance of itching, redness, swelling, peeling, scaling or irritation is a form of skin reaction to allergies, irritation or infection. Some of the possible causes of your complaint include:
1. Contact dermatitis, is inflammation of the skin, due to contact with certain substances that cause allergies or irritation. Symptoms of contact dermatitis include a red rash, severe itching, dryness, swelling, skin blisters or blisters, cracked skin, and pain when touched. Ointments used to relieve symptoms of contact dermatitis are corticosteroid creams or ointments, such as hydrocortisone.
2. Fungal infection, is a skin disease caused by a fungus. Is it itching and burning in the thigh fold area? If so, then you may have a yeast infection. Yeast infection is more common in someone who has weak immunity and is on antibiotics. Symptoms of a yeast infection include increased itching when sweating, a burning sensation, a red rash, and attacks the folds area. Ointments used to relieve symptoms of a yeast infection are anti-fungal creams or ointments, such as miconazole.
3. Insect bites, such as bees, ants, fleas, spiders, tomcats, and other animals that can sting or bite. Symptoms of insect bites include a red rash, raised skin surface or bumps, a feeling of warmth, itching, stinging, and visible bites. Ointments used to relieve symptoms of insect bites are corticosteroid creams or ointments, such as hydrocortisone.
4. Impetigo, is a skin disease caused by the Staphylococcus or Streptococcus pyogenes bacteria and is highly contagious. Symptoms of impetigo include visible open sores, blisters, yellow or brown crusts, itching, pain and easily spreads to other areas of the skin. Ointments used to relieve symptoms of impetigo are antibiotic creams or ointments, such as gentamicin.
5. Chicken pox, is a disease caused by the varicella zoster virus. Symptoms of chickenpox include fever, itching, burning, reddish rash, blistering, and spreading to other areas of the skin. The ointment used to relieve the symptoms of chickenpox is acyclovir cream or ointment.
6. Measles, is an infection caused by a virus. Symptoms of measles include, rash all over the body, itching, fever, cough, runny nose, watery eyes, and sore throat. The ointment used to relieve the symptoms of measles is a powder shake or a powder containing salicylic acid.
In order to choose the right ointment for you, it is necessary to carry out a physical examination. We recommend that you consult directly with a Dermatologist, so that a physical examination can be done and you can get the right treatment.
Thus, hopefully this is useful.