How To Deal With Seizures In Children?
I want to ask ,
Hi, thanks for asking at HealthReplies.com
Seizures are conditions that are characterized by contractions of the muscles of the body that are not controlled. There are many types of seizures. There are spasms in all limbs and there are also spasms in some limbs. There are seizures that cause a person unconscious and there are also seizures that occur in a conscious condition. This is related to the level of damage to parts of the brain.
Seizures will damage the nervous system in the brain. Meanwhile, the brain nerve cells cannot degenerate to replace damaged nerve cells. If it's because it's very important to try to help stop seizures immediately. However, in general seizures can stop on their own without treatment. What should be done is to help someone who has seizures to avoid damage due to seizures, by:
1. Place it in a safe place. Try not to pick it up.
2. Give a base to the head to avoid head injury.
3. Don't put anything in his mouth until he wakes up.
4. Loosen the clothes worn, especially on the neck area.
5. No need to hold his body firmly to stop his spasms.
6. In children, medicine can be taken to stop the spasms in the bowel or anal area, namely diazepam at the appropriate dose for the child's body.
7. In children with a history of previous febrile seizures, antidemam drugs such as Paracetamol can also be given if there is a high fever which is at risk of seizures. In addition, it can also reduce a child's fever by compressing it using warm water on the forehead, armpits, neck and groin area.
Immediately take it to the hospital for further examination to find out the cause of the seizure. Treatment will be adjusted according to the cause.
Thus, hopefully useful.