How To Expel Phlegm So That Enough To Do Sputum Examination?
Good morning, I want to ask, I want a phlegm test, but the sputum discharge is always small, but is it sufficient for sputum testing or not? trs carq so how can I issue it? thanks
Good evening, thanks for the question
In the sputum collection procedure that needs to be considered include:
1. It is better to do it in the morning after waking up
2. Rinse your mouth using water first
3. Breathe deeply for 2-3 times and exhale while coughing firmly until the phlegm is successfully removed
4. Empty into a clean container and cover tightly
5. Collect to a health facility for inspection
Provided that the collected sputum is true and not saliva or saliva, although the amount is small, it can be examined under a microscope. Phlegm has a thick consistency like jelly and yellowish white color without foam, while saliva is saliva with a consistency of liquid and sometimes also foaming.
That's all, hope you can help