How To Handle Children Who Accidentally Drink Soapy Water?
good afternoon … just now my child doesn’t drink soapy water because he is playing bubbles … what should I do? but can’t vomit. but now my child is okay. cm I’m afraid I’m afraid there will be a smping effect … what’s the solution y … please explain y doktrima you …
Hello ladies / gentlemen, thank you for asking HealthReplies.com.
The effects of poisoning due to accidentally swallowing soap vary, depending on the type of product ingested and the amount of soap ingested. Symptoms that arise can be a burning sensation in the throat, abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, until the chapter bleed. Usually, new symptoms arise when ingested products that are corrosive / hard or in large quantities.
Generally, ingesting very small amounts of soap, for example, only a sip and mixed with water and then spit out does not cause harmful effects. Drink lots of water in an attempt to neutralize. Currently remembering your child is fine and there are no complaints, you don't need to worry but still monitor your child, especially the first 24 hours. If symptoms occur as mentioned above, or you know your child drinks a large amount, immediately to the doctor to be given help, without delay. The doctor can help in the form of gastric lavage, administration of fluids and drugs or other procedures according to your child's condition.
Children have a high curiosity. It is better to prevent this from happening again by doing extra supervision and do not be bored to remind your child or caregiver / supervisor to be careful. Put objects or materials that could harm your child in a place that is not affordable by children. Give a label if the bottle is plain so it is not misinterpreted as something that can be consumed.
Hopefully this is useful,
Similar discussion: Swallowed Soap