How To Relieve Pain From Being Bitten By A Centipede?
Hello, I want to ask Is there a way to relieve pain from being bitten by a centipede? The problem is that I can’t sleep because of the pain.
Hello Allesia, Thank you for the question.
Although centipedes release toxins when biting, in general, centipede bites do not cause harmful effects. However, there are indeed some centipedes that secrete some poisons that can cause allergic symptoms. the larger the centipede's size, the more toxins are released and the person who is bitten will experience more pain in the bite area. In addition, the bite area will become red and swollen. These symptoms can last for several hours to several days. Patients can also experience symptoms of itchy skin rashes, vomiting, palpitations, shortness of breath if allergies occur. To deal with a centipede bite, your father can compress warm water on the bite area to help remove the poison. This warm compress can be interspersed with cold compresses to help reduce swelling in the bite area. Paracetamol consumption can be done if the pain is quite disturbing. Furthermore, please pay attention to signs of infection in bite marks such as getting red, swollen, pus, or fever. If there are signs of infection, please advise your father to immediately consult a doctor further. Your father can also consult further with a doctor if the illness is not treated with the independent treatment above. But if you appear dangerous allergic symptoms such as shortness of breath, swollen lips, difficulty swallowing, or palpitations, please immediately advise the nearest emergency room so that appropriate treatment can be given immediately.
I hope this helps.