How To Remove Sputum For Sputum Examination?
Good morning, want to ask me, why do I want a sputum test, then I have trouble expelling phlegm, what are the ways to get sputum out? thank you
In patients who have a follow-up plan in the form of a sputum examination, but sputum specimens or samples of sputum sputum are removed, it may be caused by several conditions, such as not drinking enough water, a small amount of sputum, too thick sputum or inappropriate sputum removal techniques.
Some steps you can take to help get rid of phlegm:
1. sufficient water needs about 1.5 liters per day
2. use sputum thinner drugs that are sold freely according to the packaging label or doctor's recommendation
3. Do a warm up or exercise to help relax the respiratory muscles
4. bending over a few moments then coughing or clearing his throat
5. clears his throat for a while so that the phlegm is lifted upwards and then tries to cough up
However, if all of these efforts have not been successful, you should consult your pulmonary doctor for help with the right cough technique according to your current condition. With a physical examination, the proper cough evaluation and technique can be considered.
That is the information we can convey, read also the discussion.