Impact Of Breastfeeding While Playing A Handphone?
Good afternoon. R nI love breastfeeding while playing with a cellphone. Is it dangerous for my child? Is it possible to be exposed to radiation from cellphones? R nThank you
Good afternoon, thanks for the question
Cell phones are known to have microwave radiation whose effects on long-term use by humans are still being debated. So far the researchers have not agreed on how the radiation can cause cancer and other health problems with certainty.
However, several other studies state that children and fetuses in the womb are at twice the risk of being affected by the radiation from adults. Absorption of microwave radiation is more massive in children than adults because children's brain tissue is more able to absorb radiation, skull bones are thinner, and the size of a child's head is smaller. While the effect of the fetus is reported to cause interference with nerve wrapping fibers.
To reduce radiation exposure to children, you can do the following:
- Turn off the phone when not in use
- Use airplane mode when using the phone near a child or when giving a gadget to a child
- Turn off the wifi network during sleep time
- Use hands-free or loudspeakers when receiving calls
- Give the distance between you and a cellphone that lights up when you're with a child. For example when carrying a child you should not pocket a cell phone, or do not insert a cell phone in a sling.
Actually there is still a lot of research needed to find out how the effects of radiation for humans are clear because so far some research results have not been consistent. But it would be nice if as parents seek preventive ways to minimize this possibility by starting to reduce exposure to cell phone radiation to our children.
That's all, hope you can help. Wassalam