Impact Of Nasal Drops Being Ingested Accidentally?
When I put it in my nose and some of it gets into my throat and swallowed, I see in the box “hard medicine, external medicine” is it safe to swallow a little?
The nasal drops illadine you mean contains an active ingredient in the form of oxymetazoline HCl, which is a derivative of a sympathomimetic drug that can shrink blood vessels around the drug administration area. This medication is often used to relieve nasal congestion due to colds, sinusitis or allergies.
Apart from its great benefits, this drug also has side effects in the form of dryness in areas that are often dripped / sprayed, headaches, dizziness, nausea, racing heartbeat, to changes in mental status. If at the time of use this drug is ingested in small amounts, it is not a problem. However, if the symptoms that have been mentioned appear, you need to immediately contact the doctor directly.
so hope it is useful,