Impacts Of 4 Year Olds Ingested Rambutan Seeds?
I want to ask my 4 year old son less than 1 month. he was swallowed by rambutan seeds … how is that? Td I asked the child ny …. hard to breath gx he said gx … then I gave water to drinkmm … is this dangerous?
Thank you for the question.
Children who suddenly swallow fruit seeds or other objects often worry parents, because often children like to put something in their mouth or nose, and swallow it. This is worth watching out for, because it can trigger choking in children. Choking can be characterized by symptoms such as shortness of breath, being unable to speak, a child's face turning blue, and a cranky child crying. However, if within a few hours the child shows no signs of choking, then most likely the seeds have entered the digestive tract.
But another thing to note is whether the seeds can be digested in the digestive tract. In general, fruit seeds are organic materials that can be digested in the digestive tract of mammals, and can be removed within a few days. Therefore, you can monitor the child's stool in the next few days, if there are remnants of rambutan seeds that come out on the stool (if there is, it means the seeds are well digested and have come out of the body). What you need to do is to meet the child's nutritional and fluid needs. Give foods that contain high fiber such as fruits, vegetables, and bananas, so that the digestive function becomes smooth.
If within 3-5 days the seeds have not come out, the child shows signs of constipation, nausea, vomiting, severe abdominal pain, can not defecate, can not fart, then you should immediately go to a pediatrician to find out the suspicion that rambutan seeds inhibit the digestive tract of children . The doctor will do a physical examination and support to see the digestive tract of children, whether there are food ingredients that can not be digested, such as rambutan seeds.
Hopefully this information helps ...