Intimate Contact With The Same Person After Syphilis?
I want to ask a few months ago I was hit by splis, the characteristics were like there were spots on the penis head. nahh already recovered a week I try again with the same org but there are no symptoms of syphilis again .. is it possible to be affected again is it already safe with that person?
Good afternoon, thanks for the question
Syphilis is a chronic infectious disease caused by Treponema pallidum, is chronic and can attack the organ systems systemically including the heart and innervation. If left untreated, syphilis can progress to the next phase and extend to other parts of the body outside the genitals.
Symptoms of syphilis based on the stage of the disease itself, namely:
1. Primary syphilis: a single, painless wound in the genitals or around the mouth, the lesion will heal even without treatment and enter the next stage. At this stage, an infected person is very easily transmitted to others through sexual contact.
2. Secondary syphilis: red rashes all over the body, especially on the palms. This phase lasts for 1-3 months. This condition can also disappear without treatment but the disease will progress to the next stage.
3. Latent syphilis: without symptoms
4. Tertiary syphilis: causes paralysis, blindness, dementia, hearing loss, impotence, and death.
Risk factors for syphilis transmission:
1. Multiple sexual partners.
2. Homosexuals and Commercial Sex Workers (CSWs).
3. Infants with mothers suffering from syphilis.
4. Sexual intercourse with sufferers without protection (condoms).
This does not mean that if the complaint disappears on its own, it can return to risky sex, because the possibility of disease is developing in the body without showing symptoms. You should consult and check with your doctor to confirm the diagnosis and determine the right treatment. Before the doctor says healed, it is better to avoid risky and temporary abstinence from sexual activity.
That's all, hope you can help