Is A Danger If The Skin Is Exposed To Acetone?
The skin on my hands was exposed to quite a lot of acetone when cleaning my nails. Is it dangerous?
Good morning. Thank you for asking HealthReplies.com.
Acetone is a chemical used as a solvent usually used in industry or households as well as from inhaled cigarette smoke. It can even be produced by the body as a waste.
The use of acetone in a rare period usually does not cause complaints when there is exposure to the skin, especially sensitive skin that can occur an inflammatory reaction called contact dermatitis, complaints that are felt are usually the skin looks red rash, feel hot, painful or itchy.
Some other things that may be felt in the symptoms of mild Acetone poisoning are headache, weakness, sweetness in the mouth, slurred speech or unclear, and reduced body coordination. In more severe conditions can cause low blood pressure, fainting and even decreased consciousness. If you experience this, you should immediately be taken to the hospital for a proper and quick check-up.
For more information in the following article
Thus the information that we can convey may be useful thanks