Is A Hernia Dangerous?
… I want to ask, I have a hernia, but the lump is small on the left side of my pestis …, it doesn’t hurt, hmm? while sleeping the lump does not appear but if it stands it appears visible … Is this dangerous / not fore the future Is to remove the lump must be operated on … Thanks.
Thank you Ahmad for asking at HealthReplies.com.
A hernia is a protrusion of an organ, tissue or structure that passes through a cavity wall in the body.
Hernias themselves are various, depending on the location and the severity of the hernia. Here are the types of hernias based on location, such as:
1. inguinal hernia: is the protrusion of the intestine or other tissue through the groin or groin.
2. Umbilical hernia: is the occurrence of protrusion from the intestine or other tissue through the abdominal wall.
3. Femoral hernia: is the protrusion of the intestine or other tissue through the upper thigh.
4. scrotal hernia: is the occurrence of protrusion from the intestine or other tissue through the scotum or testicular sac.
Hernias are caused by several factors such as:
2. long cough
3. often straining when defecating
4. often lift heavy objects
Symptoms are felt in the form of a lump on a particular body part, generally the lump is not painful and can be moved, it must also be distinguished from other diseases, such as lipomas, tumorous tissue tumor through further examination such as ultrasound, and therefore should be consulted with a surgeon . In severe cases can occur bloating, nausea, vomiting, severe pain. If these symptoms occur, they must be immediately taken to the nearest hospital.
Thus a brief explanation from me, hopefully it helps.