Is A Neck Lump Dangerous?
… I have small lumps on the left and right necks, complete blood tests, everything is normal, leukocytes, n 8 LEDs are normal, have been given antibiotics, n inflammation drugs, but there are lumps, I think the lumps are dangerous or not. what else do you need a biopsy for? Thanks
Hello, thank you for the question to HealthReplies.com.
Lumps in the neck can be caused by several possible diseases:
1. Glandular TB: TB bacterial infection that attacks the gland can cause a lump in the gland usually in the glands in the neck area. The diagnosis must be made using a tissue grab test from the lump or what is commonly called a biopsy examination.
2. Infection in the respiratory tract or dental infection that causes enlarged lymph nodes in the neck area
3. Tumors in lymph nodes, tumors can be benign or malignant, the determination of the diagnosis must also be through a biopsy.
To find out more about the causes, diagnosis and treatment of your complaint, you should consult directly with an internist or a surgeon or a pulmonary specialist.
Prevention can be done:
1. Maintain cleanliness of teeth and mouth
2. Treating infectious diseases that may be happening such as coughs colds or toothaches
3. Eat healthy and nutritious foods
So hopefully useful :)