Is Getting Infected With A Yeast Infection In The Mouth Definitely HIV?
I have oral candidiasis. Is this possible I have HIV?
Hello, thank you for the question to HealthReplies.com.
Oral candidiasis is a fungal infection that attacks the lining of the mouth (mucosa). Usually characterized by white patches around the mouth both inside or outside the mouth area.
oral candidiasis can occur in conditions of decreased immune system that can be caused by several possibilities:
1. Having high blood sugar (diabetes melllitus)
2. Tuberculosis infection: lung infection due to mycobacterium tuberculosis
3. HIV-AIDS: not necessarily all who have oral candidiasis also have HIV infusion, but indeed some HIV patients have symptoms of oral candidiasis depending on the patient's immune level
4. Old age or baby
5. Pregnant women
To find out more about the complaints that you experience, you should immediately consult a specialist in internal medicine.
prevention can be done:
1. Increase endurance by consuming lots of high protein such as egg whites and fish
2. Maintain oral and dental hygiene by brushing your teeth 2x a day with toothpaste
3. Avoiding free and unhealthy sexual contact and not using needles and needles
so hopefully useful :)