Is It Dangerous To Be Bitten By A Snake That Does Not Show Any Symptoms?
Morning .. Last night around 8 o’clock I was bitten by a small snake but the wound thank God until this morning it was not swollen and there were no symptoms. Is this dangerous or not? Thank you
Thank you for the question.
The thing to note when bitten by a snake is to remember how the snake looks so that you can be sure that the snake is not venomous. Here are the differences between venomous and non-venomous snakes:
Venomous snake: a sharp triangular head, elliptical pupils or thick lines, sharp fangs, and a blunt tail.
Snakes are not venomous: the head is oval or round, the pupils are round, there are only teeth without sharp fangs, and the tip of the tail is sharp.
Even though snake bites are not poisonous, you must be sure if the snake that bites you is poisonous or not. Having no symptoms within 24 hours after being bitten doesn't mean you don't react to snakebites, because symptoms can appear after 24 hours of being bitten by a snake. Therefore, it is a good idea to go to the emergency room to be examined by a doctor and monitored for vital signs, cleaned the wound, and if necessary given Anti-Snake Venom Serum. If you give serum, you should also be observed by a doctor because sometimes the serum can cause allergic reactions.
Things you can do at home for a while:
Avoid sucking, massaging, or applying anything to the area bitten by a snake.
Clean the scar with running water and keep it clean.
Avoid consumption of alcoholic or caffeinated drinks because these drinks can usually increase absorption into the body.
Hopefully can help.