Is Physiotherapy Using Infrared Light Harmful To Babies Aged 10 Months?
Good afternoon, my baby is 10 months old and he has motor delays and must be physiotherapy. My child’s therapy uses infrared light and is used on his back, is this dangerous and can break the blood vessels because it is electric ???
Hello Desy, thank you for the question to HealthReplies.com.
the use of physiotherapy with infrared in infants, for some conditions may be allowed as long as indicated and recommended by a pediatrician or specialist.
side effects of concern from infrared physiotherapy include:
1. Eye damage: eye damage can occur due to infrared rays can penetrate tissue in the eye
2. Damage to the skin: the skin will receive infra red before absorbing it as a whole, causing the skin to be damaged easily
3. Pain and inflammation due to heat trauma from the light: pain can arise in areas where infrared radiation is carried out, other than that inflammation can occur such as redness, heat and swelling
to find out more about the causes, diagnosis and treatment of complaints that you experience, you should immediately consult a pediatrician.
prevention can be done:
1. Stimulate children to catch up with their motor development, such as being trained to crawl, sit, stand and walk
2. Provide healthy and nutritious nutrition
3. Regular control to the pediatrician to deal with the problem and find out its development
thus hopefully useful