Is There A Foreign Object In The Throat?
Night nI am 17 years old I have a complaint in my throat, if I swallow drinking water / saliva it feels like something in my throat is stuck like phlegm but it’s not phlegm, keeps moving a little, so it’s a bit nauseous from my throat. nPlease help and solution nThank you
Thank you for asking HealthReplies.com.
A lump sensation, like something moving in the throat, is probably caused by a buildup of mucus around the throat. This mucus can come from the respiratory tract, digestive tract, or other organs around it. Having excess mucus in your throat normally causes you to have a reflex to vomit or cough, leading to nausea.
Some of the possibilities that can trigger your complaint are:
Viral or bacterial infections, for example common cold, influenza, group A beta hemolytic Streptococcus, croup Allergies, for example due to animal fleas, fur, dust, pollen Dry throat, for example due to being in an air-conditioned environment, habitual breathing through mouth Exposure to irritants, for example cigarette smoke, consuming excessive spicy food Excessive stretching of the throat muscles, for example if you are screaming too often GERD (backflow of stomach acid into the esophagus) Cancer of the throat, tongue, or larynx, etc. How long have these complaints been exactly for you natural? Do you also experience other complaints, such as fever, vomiting, coughing, shortness of breath, bloody saliva, and so on?
If the complaint has lasted more than 3 days or other complaints arise as mentioned above, you should visit the doctor directly at the nearest health facility. If necessary, you will likely be referred to an ENT specialist for further tests.
Currently, you can relieve the discomfort in your throat by drinking more warm water and inhaling warm steam (for example by using a humidifier at home or taking a warm shower). Reduce exposure to substances that can make your complaint worse (eg cold temperatures, animal hair, dust, pollen, cigarettes, smoke). Limit shouting too loud first. Increase consumption of fruits and vegetables that are rich in vitamin C. When coughing, use a nose mask to minimize transmission.
Hope this helps ..
dr. Nadia Nurotul Fuadah