Is There Any Effect After Blood Transfusion On Menstrual Cycle Disorders?
Hello doctor. I want to ask. Finally I was hospitalized for 7 days due to dbd and anemia and did a blood transfusion of 2 bags. Now also still regularly take blood-boosting vitamins. Can this affect the menstrual cycle, which is reversing? Please answer. Thank you
Good evening, thanks for the question
There is no direct relationship after blood transfusion with the disruption of your menstrual cycle. An extended menstrual cycle is called oligomenorrhea. Oligomenorrhea is a longer menstrual cycle that is more than 35 days. Normally a woman's menstrual cycle is in the range of 21-35 days. Some conditions that cause menstrual cycle disorders include:
1. Effects of hormonal birth control
2. Excessive exercise for example in athletes
3. Eating disorders (anorexia, bulimia)
4. In adolescents or the elderly who are headed for menopause due to hormonal imbalances
6. Thyroid disease
7. Disorders of the prolactin hormone
8. The use of certain drugs
9. Hypothalamic disorders
10. Ovarian failure
11. Scar tissue in the uterine wall
12. Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS)
If the extended menstrual cycle plus does not always come regularly is an indication for further examination with an obstetrician. Therefore, do not hesitate to check your condition if the symptoms are felt to get worse.
That's all, hope you can help.