Is There Management Of Omphalocele In Fetuses 7 Months Of Age?
I want to ask about omphalocele, I am almost 7 months pregnant. When I was ultrasound, the closest doctor said the baby in the bladder had no abdominal wall, only only covered by a transparent membrane. Is there any way to treat omphalocele while still in the womb, Please help and advice.Thank you,
Hello Captain Cimott, thank you for the question to HealthReplies.com.
Omphalocele is an abnormality in the formation of digestive organs that does not have a wall to cover the stomach, so that the digestive organs inside are only wrapped by a thin transparent membrane called the peritoneum.
the cause of this disease is not yet known with certainty, some associate with the imperfect formation of digestive organs because there may be abnormalities during the formation process, nutrition, genetic disorders, and so on.
things that can be done while still in the womb, you should consume a lot of folic acid and other pregnant women nutrition so that it helps the formation of other organs, in addition it is better if the gestational age is sufficient and possible to be born, the baby should be born, then the abdominal wall formation operation .
You should immediately consult an obstetrician, and pediatric surgery specialist to find out more about the causes, diagnosis and treatment of omphalocele.
prevention can be done:
1. Maintaining the nutrition of pregnant women and the multivitamin consumed must be based on recommendations from obstetricians
2. Stay away from radiation during pregnancy
3. Maintain personal hygiene and the environment, especially the female area
4. Monitor the continued growth and development of your fetus through ultrasound and other examinations
5. Maintain a healthy and nutritious diet during pregnancy
thus hopefully useful