Is Vaginal Discharge During Pregnancy Dangerous To The Fetus?
.. I am 12w pregnant, why do you always get vaginal discharge after every activity? But when I don’t make a white discharge. R nIs it dangerous for my fetus?
Hello, Laurenshia Shilvie, thank you for asking HealthReplies.com.
Leucorrhoea during pregnancy can be normal or abnormal. During pregnancy, there can be an increase in blood flow to the cervix and an increase in the hormone estrogen, making vaginal mucus production more than usual. As long as vaginal discharge is still clear / milky white and does not smell, then vaginal discharge is still normal. However, if vaginal discharge is yellowish, greenish, gray, accompanied by an unpleasant odor, itching, pain when urinating, bleeding from the vagina, pain during intercourse, abdominal pain, fever, then those are signs of vaginal discharge that are abnormal and must be immediately see a doctor for physical examination and supporting examinations such as vaginal fluid and ultrasound tests. Possible causes of abnormal vaginal discharge such as inflammation of the vagina / cervix, sexually transmitted diseases, until there is a lump / mass on the cervix.
If vaginal discharge is still normal, then you can keep it from getting infected by:
1. Change panties more often, keep the panties dry and clean
2. Using underwear that absorbs sweat (does not make it moist)
3. Avoid using perfume panty liners
4. Avoid wearing underwear too tight
5. Always rinse the genitals after urinating and having sex, with the direction of water flow from front to back and avoid using female cleansing soap, perfumed soap, or vaginal douche. Don't forget to dry the female area.
That's all, hopefully it's useful.