Isn’t It Dangerous If The Ripples / Phlegm Come Out Like Jelly?
Hello wr.wb …. r nGood night …. I want to ask … yesterday my throat was hoarse and then phlegm came out like a small jelly slice …. Is it dangerous if the ripple / sputum that comes out clumps like chunks of clear jelly small …. even though before eating jelly at all …. so it seems like the rest of the food is not coming out … r n r nthanks …..
Hello, thank you for the question
When breathing, particles such as dust and bacteria will enter the airway. These particles can have negative effects such as inflammation of the airways. The human airway has several different mechanisms for cleaning up these particles, one of which is the mucociliary transport mechanism.
Mucociliary transport is the main mechanism in the lower airway and is considered the fastest cleaning mechanism. Mucociliary transport contains two important components, namely the mucous layer that captures particles and the movement of cilia to remove them from the respiratory tract.
Mucus is a thick gel that contains components of solid material and liquid. The main component of mucus is water, which is 97%, while the remaining 3% is solid material (mucin, non-mucin protein, salt, fat, and debris cells).
Healthy mucus contains 3% of the solid part. Concentrations of solid parts of the mucus can also increase by up to 15% under normal conditions so that they appear thicker or denser. These conditions normally occur as part of the body's defense system from external particles.
Avoid excessive pollution, cigarette smoke, rubber dust, burning smoke to keep the airway clean. If you experience a prolonged cough with phlegm, consult a doctor to get adequate treatment.
Hopefully this can help
Wassalam, Dr. Farah