Itching After Accidentally Eating Lizard Droppings?
I want to ask, my son is 9 months old, yesterday he accidentally ate dried lizard droppings, I’m afraid what’s wrong with my son, and a few days after that he was itching, what has this got to do with the lizard droppings?
Good evening, thanks for asking at HealthReplies.com. Lizard droppings are not safe for consumption. But overall, the body has its own mechanism for removing foreign bodies or fluids that are not appropriate. If it is located in the respiratory tract, the person will cough or show symptoms of shortness of breath, and if it is located in the digestive system, the person will vomit or have diarrhea. And this condition usually does not last long from the time the foreign body enters. So if it's been a few days then there shouldn't be enough that come in to cause problems.
Then regarding the itching that your child feels, this condition is also difficult to determine, but itching in children can occur because:
Allergies to certain foods
Skin fungal infection
To be sure, check with your child's doctor or dermatologist, especially if the itching has been going on for a long time and is quite annoying. Meanwhile, you can give an anti-itch powder that is sold freely at the pharmacy and use it according to the instructions listed. Avoid your child from scratching by wearing gloves because scratching can create other skin disorders.
In addition, your child's age still has a great curiosity about the objects around him. He can't tell what's food and what isn't and considers many other things besides lizard droppings as food, the easiest examples being colorful buttons, marbles, and camphor. So extra supervision is needed from parents to prevent this from happening again. Clean the house regularly and keep children away from small objects that they can reach. I hope you and your family are always healthy.
That's all, hope it helps.
dr. Amadeo D Basfiansa